Translate

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Stranger things have happened!

Yesterday I was extremely stressed, and time was not on my side. This week I took on additional responsibilities with a networking group, and the workload of this volunteer position are overwhelming and time consuming. This is partially because I am new to it - still learning and getting systems in place to keep me organized. I am trying hard to fulfill my new role while not letting my work suffer. Or my newly set personal goals.

I was meeting with a client in the morning, and I had a much looked forward to lunch date with a good friend, who I had not seen in over a month.

I knew I would be a few minutes late, and sent her a text. She, of course, was fine with it, and replied that she would get us a table and that I should take my time. I was still beyond stressed out. If you know me personally, you know that I am a stickler for timeliness.

While in my car, I flipped on the radio to my usual station. I heard static, then relaxing music - no vocals, played as I drove across town. Half way through my drive, there was static and Dani Johnson's voice came on, she was in the middle of a talk about stress.  Static again,and back to music. This may seem like a normal occurrence to some, but was not the norm for this station. Perfect timing! God's timing. A blessed reminder.

I arrived at the restaurant to a warm greeting and big hug from my friend, I was only 3 minutes past our regular time and I felt somewhat relaxed! We had a lovely lunch, catching up and just enjoying each other's company. Yes, I did have to leave an hour later to get to the next appointment, but I felt so much better.

I still feel better.

Somehow, in the busyness of life and work, I have put faith into a side compartment. A package to only open on Sunday.  How did this happen?  Can anyone else relate?

No comments:

Post a Comment