Translate

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Obstinacy – A Good Trait?

Bad things happen; this does not mean I need to have a bad day.

My day started off on the rough side. For the first day since I set my personal goals, I could not drag my backside out of bed at 5 am to write. Once I got moving, my hair dryer decided to quit. Side note, I have curly, actually frizzy hair – so this could be a very ugly predicament. I started brushing my teeth, and my handy battery powered toothbrush ran out of power. When I went outside, it was raining. My low tire indicator was on in my car. All of this before 6:30 am.

But you know what? I have decided to BE in a good mood. I have been accused of being obstinate. This is a day to put that character trait to use. I REFUSE to allow whatever was trying to sabotage my day have any success at all. I will have a good day.

I moussed up my hair and left it to dry. With the extra 15 minutes saved on drying, I read my devotional. I managed to actually brush my teeth without any mechanical assistance. Imagine that! The rain is beautiful. Living in the hot dry desert, we do not get many days like this. It was amazing, and I did not have to worry about it messing with my hair, right?!?

As I write, I am sitting in the waiting room getting the oil changed on my car. What a wonderful coincidence that I was already scheduled to be at the repair shop when the tire light came on. And I am writing. Right here, right now as I wait for my car. So I did meet my goal of writing every day. 


Overall, I’d say this Tuesday is shaping up to be pretty amazing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment