Translate

Monday, August 27, 2012

Why? I often ask this question – not to receive an answer from God, but to express frustration.

  
God has been incredibly good to me. I am not saying that my life has been perfect. I have gone through a few rough patches, and am struggling with one now involving deaths in the family. I find myself asking God the question, “Why? “Why me? Why now?” It is easy for me to forget about the blessings and even easier to direct focus on whatever negativity the evil one slings my way when times get tough. Emotional turmoil is usually the culprit. At this very moment, I have had enough. I am tired of hearing my own whining! Enough is enough! Drama, flee from me! Satan, even death has no sting! I rebuke you. I am ready to seek out the positive things in life. Becoming a Christian does not mean that I will be free of troubles. Emotional and physical pain will exist for us as long as we live on earth.  That is not a bad thing. It doesn’t feel like a good thing either! The tests we endure now prepare us for future prosperity. It is also no coincidence that the struggles I face are magnified when I am not reading my Bible daily and spending time alone with the Lord.
This past weekend my family was traveling.  We were neighborhood, house and office hunting in preparation for our big move next month. We found a church to attend where the pastor experienced a tragedy years back. That situation caused his faith to increase as a result, not decrease. While he shared his story, I realized we are constantly in battle with the things of the world. We will not understand or win every battle; however, we must not lose our faith in the face of grief or pain.  It is important to always act in ways that are uplifting and pleasing as our lives are examples to others. I cannot comprehend why I must experience the troubles as of late, and I pray for knowledge that passes all understanding. I pray that I become stronger in my faith and a better person as a result.
Have I been alone in asking “Why”?  I do not feel like I am alone – but from this point forward, I am going to work on changing my question to, “What lesson can I learn from this?”  I must MAKE time daily for God. Time with the Lord and physical exercise are two things that seem to get pushed off the priority list when work and home life gets chaotic. I desire to be healthy on the inside and outside!  
I always appreciate and welcome prayers, comments and direct emails. I would be happy to pray for you too!
I was reading my bible, and this chapter in Psalm stood out for me today.
Psalm 2 (NIV)
May the Lord answer you in the day of trouble! May the name of the God of Jacob protect you! May he send you help from the sanctuary and give you support from Zion! May he remember all your offerings and regard with favor your burnt sacrifices. May he grant you your heart’s desire and fulfill all your plans! May we shout for joy over your salvation, and in the name of our God set up our banners! May the Lord fulfill all your petitions! Now I know that the Lord saves his anointed; he will answer him from his holy heaven with the saving might of his right hand. Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God. They collapse and fall, but we rise and stand upright. O Lord, save the king! May he answer us when we call.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful and encouraging insights. I'm so glad the Lord made a divine appointment for us today.
    Thanking Him for my new sister/friend.
    Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so blessed that we met. God is so good, all the time. You encouraged me so much yesterday - right at the perfect time too. I didn't get a chance to post the blog about our meeting, but will soon.
    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete