Translate

Saturday, December 7, 2013

"A person doesn't fall into sin, they walk into it one step at a time!"

I heard this on the radio when I was between client appointments not too long ago, and it stuck with me.  It is still forefront in my mind a week later. So much so, that I am compelled to write about it here.

 I was in and out of my car that day - flipping through radio stations and catching snippets of various messages.  I didn't hear the name of the pastor giving the message, if I had, I’d certainly reference him.  However, the TRUE author of this message is God.  Isn’t He amazing?!?  He puts a message in front of me right when I need it most.

I was having one of those “poor me” days (read: weeks,) and I was not the most positive person to be around.  This message reminded me that I am in charge of my own personal choices every day. I take each step, whether it is a positive or negative one, MYSELF.  How I choose to act is entirely up to ME!  No person or situation can make me feel a certain way.  I have opportunities every day to choose joy over negativity.  Now, I am not saying that I will always be a joyful person, but I will work toward that goal, and make an effort to find the positive in everything I do.

My negative attitude is sinful. It hurts others. It is not representative of who I really am.


I don’t fall into sin, I walk into it one thought, one excuse, one step at a time!  This the equivalent of an attitude adjustment for me – one a very much needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment