Translate

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

My Faith

My faith brings me:

Blissful happiness in the midst of sorrow,
Healing grace in the midst of sickness,
Warm comfort in the midst of pain,
strength to overcome obstacles,
Calm reassurance in the midst of chaos and confusion.

And yet my faith is challenged.
It's validity questioned - by those near and far.

My question to those who doubt if what I believe is real and true:

 Does what you believe in do all these things?
Are you able to feel inner joy during times of sadness?
Peace during times of internal war?
Happiness during struggle?

If your answer is no, but you would like to feel this way, it is possible. Jesus Christ has time for you.

If you do not care to accept what I believe as an important part of who I am, please do not attempt to discourage me or attack my beliefs.

I've done much thinking over these past 12 days in the hospital - and have come to this conclusion:

I would rather believe and be comforted, and find out that I was wrong in the end, than live a miserable life of negativity, pain and unbelief to find out I was wrong in the end.

Life is all about choices and I am happy with the choice I've made to follow Jesus and Get Better God's Way!

1 comment: